Friday, January 19, 2007

The Vacation

In Dec 06, my church organised a musical entitled "The Vacation", some time before Christmas. It comprised of 2 musicals & 1 narrative story. Initially, I volunteered as a bouncer, but my scaring services weren't needed. Hahaha!

Instead, I was in charge of lighting, spotlights to be specific. It was a funny & tiring experience because we had to make do with what little we had. Standing on a plastic chair with the power unit hung around my neck by raffia string and with coloured filters in a plastic bag, I manually navigated the spotlights to focus light onto the actors/actresses.

Enough bout me. The play went very well, in fact the play was entertaining to watch even after I've seen & heard the actors/actresses recite their lines for countless times during rehearsals. The large crowd was quite beyond my expectations too, despite the rain & traffic on both nights, there were still so many around. Let's hope the audience received something meaningful from the stories. I was quite tired after all the standing & inconspicuous navigating of spotlights. But it was worth every bit of it to see the fun & joy in the eyes of everyone involved.

I believe there was a cheeful applause in heaven on those nights. In the end, it was a very successful musical for our little church and I'm looking forward to what's planned for this year.

No comments: