Saturday, February 10, 2007

Christmas Eve dinner & New Year trip

I'm very lagging in my blog updates. Hahaha...I just realised, isn't that an ironic contradiction? "Lagging updates" Haha! But seriously, here I am writing about my December events in February.

Christmas Eve dinner was great, as every year. Though it was more fun last year when Ben was around to celebrate with my family but then again my auntie from Ipoh is here with us this time. I cooked the majority of the food, such as hot dogs, ham, scrambled eggs, & mushrooms. Dad handled the main meal of beef steak while mom & TaiYee made the ABC soup & salad. The turkey was a tad dry though. It was a nice, enjoyable, cosy Christmas Eve dinner and of course the presents were nice too! In fact, the only thing that was bugging me was that I couldn't go for my church's Christmas dinner. My cell was in charge of the games and door gifts (coconut candy) this year, which I helped out, but in the end couldn't experience it for myself. I even bought a gift for exchange and I wonder who got my spastic-looking turtle. Sigh...if only there were two Christmas Eves every year!

On New Year's Eve, I went on a 3-day trip to Lumut, near Sitiawan with Sieak Meeng, Nick, and some others. It was quite a relaxing trip and we ate lots of Sitiawan food. We didn't do much because it was a very low-activity trip. We basically ate food, toured around, went to some beaches, ate more food, played some fun board games, and ate more food. We also went to the kampung area where I ate/drank two whole freshly picked coconuts! Then we spent New Year's Eve playing Pictionary, which I found out, is a very fun board game. Maybe I'll get one someday and bring it to cell for welcome.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

i wish my family can cook christmas dinner too ler...

not sure abt the coconut candy, but we sure missed u last christmas. would've been more fun. hope to see u this year!

Matthew Chong said...

Awww shucks...thanks! Hehe

But it will be the same thing every year unless I get my family to go to church for dinner.